1) I have realised that everything can be examined and emotionally resolved through deep self inquiry. When this self inquiry is thorough, it doesn’t mean I no longer experience thoughts or feeling sensations. The emotional triggers underneath the thoughts are seen for what they are. They are reminders for my awakening, reminding me that I am not my thoughts, feelings or perceptions. Deep self inquiry leads me to recognise my true being, which ever- present, unlimited awareness. So I can express freely my perspective without feeling attached to it or traumatised when there is disagreement or conflict from others.
2) I have realised that addiction is not a moral failing. It’s simply the way many of us survive until we are clear enough psychologically, emotionally and energetically to move pass the addiction. We are taking care of ourselves during addictions and in moving past them. Addictions for me are nothing more than expectations and attachment to outcomes, and I believe that my inner peace depends on that.
3) Although many people say they want to be free spiritually, there is an aspect of our minds that does not want this. People love to suffer on some level, perhaps because it is familiar. Embracing and honouring that aspect and then inquiring into it within myself has been the key to going deeper and deeper.
4) Money isn’t inherently good or bad. It’s the many beliefs around money that cause suffering. I’ve met homeless people who are quite happy. I’ve met millionaires who are miserable. I’ve met spiritual people who suffer over their belief that money isn’t spiritual. I’ve met people who have no interest in spirituality who are clear around money issues and do not suffer. It’s the beliefs, not the money or lack of money. Having said that, I like to have money at my disposal to take care of myself and the people I love. I also love to be in a position to take care of others I meet who do not have enough money to make ends meet.
5) When observing the world I realise that almost everyone is traumatised, not just the people who have suffered from extreme physical or sexual abuse or even war. It’s a matter of degree. Trauma doesn’t look like trauma at first sight. But that emotional trigger that rises up in the face of psychological conflict, abandonment, relationship breakups, political deceit, and inhumane authority is trauma. I’ve also learned that our world as a whole is not quite ready to own up to and resolve the trauma. Most are still blaming others in order to feel better. I will keep addressing trauma until we all look within and face it. This is how we will change the world. I did not learn this from a book. I learned from inquiring deeply into my own trauma.
6) I have come to realise that achievements, relationships, things and substances cannot provide lasting happiness, only temporary pleasures or temporary relief. This doesn’t mean I have to avoid the world or turn away from it. Pleasure is wonderful. This simply means that for lasting happiness, I can only look within. The world is merely the matrix of resisting pain and searching for pleasure.
7) Falling in love is mostly about the ego. Beyond the “falling in love” stage there is a deeper, more emotionally mature love that can endure eternally. It is unbreakable and unconditional. It is the very essence of our being that recognises that same essence in the other.
8) I have realised that everything that I try to hide from others is an opportunity to inquire into shame and guilt. I’ve also learned that, once I am free of shame and guilt, it is nobody’s business to know everything about me unless I want that to share it.
9) I have realised that death is nothing to fear. Only the ego fears its own death. The ego is essentially the belief that one’s identity is the body/mind and shares it’s destiny. Inquire into the nothingness of the ego and the fear disappears. Then one can truly live.
10) Spiritual awakening is only the beginning. Waking up to one’s true nature is like a match that lights a fire. The fire is the key. And that fire can change the world. Spiritual awakening is not some sort of end goal, there is no end goal. Life is constant movement happening in the Here and Now, the limitless, ever-present reality of being.
Love and Light
True change can only take place from the bottom to the top. The so-called powerful elite of this world will never change. They have created their systems and networks in such a way that they cannot make concessions. This means that we should not wait until benevolent changes will be implemented from the governments or organisations. It will not happen.
The further human consciousness evolves, the more mercilessly the so-called powerful elite will fight for their own well-being and the continuation of their system of power and control. Meanwhile the gap between rich and poor will only widen. We can observe this everywhere.
It is only possible to change this situation through connection and unity, in which the 99% of the masses support each other and thereby achieve balance and peace in the world.
The moment the power of connection and unity that is present in the 99% of the masses begins to work, the 1% who seem to control everything lose their power and their ability to govern because there is no longer any need for it. This is an exciting outlook!
All 99%, all the seven billion people, will be able to organise a normal life by supporting each other and giving everyone the basic life necessities, while the spiritual power, that is at the core of every human, meets all their other needs.
This means that the so-called animal nature, or the desire to receive, receives the necessary means, and also the spiritual essence, the desire to give, receives its means and is also free to give abundantly.
This will be enough for the people to lead an abundant and fulfilled life.
Love and Light
Have you ever heard the serenity prayer? ‘God, give me the grace to accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed, courage to change the things that should be changed, and the wisdom to distinguish one from the other.’
Are you tired of how you are feeling and/or perhaps how you look? Are you often feeling depressed? Are you sick of all those annoying perceived imperfections and seeming inadequacies? Are things just not the way you would like them to be? Are others behaving just not the way you would like them to?
Here are a few more questions; are you really hard working at changing circumstance and/or others? Are you really working hard at becoming a new person and are you successfully dumping all you own irritating defects? Do you find it stressful and exhausting?
How are you going anyway? Are you getting anywhere? Are you making any progress after years of dedicated hard work to change yourself and your life? Or have you already given up?
Here’s some news for you: You won’t change! You can’t change! It’s impossible! What you can change is your attitude and your beliefs.
The only thing you can really change is your acceptance of yourself. How about starting to accept yourself as a unique, one of a kind and imperfect human being living in an imperfect world filled with millions other seeming imperfect people.
The only way out of frustration and depression is to first accept your states of frustration and depression. You can continue to feel depressed, blame, criticise and scream about your shortcomings and imperfections, you will never have the perfect body; the perfect mind, partner, environment or what have you.
Without accepting the current state you are in, no drug or therapy will ever work; sure it might provide a short relief, but the true depth of your being will surely stay obscured and suppressed.
Perfection in this world does not exist! What is perfection anyway? Everything is perfect as it is, NOW! Is it not? What is, is! Because it is! I invite you to open yourself to this statement. Explore what lies beyond ideas and the conceptual mind. Embrace your feelings, fully! Your feelings never lie, they talk to you, they have a message for you.
They reflect your every thought and belief! And your thoughts and beliefs tell a story, your story. Who would you be without your story? Not just another story, but without any story!
What are your attitudes and beliefs reflecting? Are you courages enough to find out, with honesty and without judgement?
Keep in mind that what you resist persist. Resist your perceived seeming imperfections and unhappiness and your conscious and unconscious focus and energies will keep you there, shaping your every experience of more so-called imperfections. Imperfection is just an idea anyway, who says and who determines what is perfect and what is not?
We can even feel completely lousy, waiting for circumstances to change or a sudden happiness will descend on you some day and everything will change. How long do you want to wait?
What you can do is taking responsibility and be totally aware of your attitudes and beliefs, every moment of your life.
Would you be prepared to laugh at your perceived flaws and focus instead on your inherent wholeness and greatness? Deep inside you do know what I am talking about! Would you be willing to accept yourself just as you are, NOW? It could be a most liberating and transforming experience in your life!
It would also mean that you don’t have to struggle any longer to be someone or something you’re not. Just imagine to be finally free to be you, just as you are, NOW! I encourage you to give up struggle and surrender to ,what is‘. Oh sweet surrender! How would it feel to love yourself just the way you are?
How would you feel if you celebrate life and your uniqueness every day, every minute? How would you feel if you chose to embrace all your seeming faults, warts and failures?
The feeling of feeling good can come only from one place; a place deep inside of you: total self-acceptance. Are you ready to re-discover it?
With freedom to choose self-acceptance comes responsibility. It happens automatically and is extremely empowering. Your joy is there. It never went away. Welcome home!
Love & Light